Thursday, April 4, 2013

She said, he said.

Last year I met a boy
He was a bit coy and felt like a toy that didn't do what it said on the box
This rocks! I said
You rock he said and run off to his den
When I met him again he presumed to call me by name
And then wren, his wren
To his side I flew
And when the winds blew my wings grew to see the storms through
But his eye wandered
And he saw and wondered about all the world but me
See, I said to him; this is me
Though wanderer you may be and have crossed the sea
This heart beats for thee
 But he was gone
When I could not conform and I was torn
Naked and forlorn
Pain
No other memory to remain
No kiss in the rain
Last year I met a boy I wanted to love more than any toy I could own

That is what she said to me

Memory is a selective bitch
She'll roll and pitch this ship
Ditch all that is not rich with self deception
I shall make no mention of the time I said no
When I wanted not to know the many ways life made you sore
I shall forget the day we broke and the days went up in smoke
Last year I met a girl and she wanted to love me so
Last year I met a girl and today I love her more

No comments:

Post a Comment